I’m on a bit of a mission to find a new foundation, I have combination skin that’s fair in winter and tanned in summer so I have to switch quite regularly!
This month I have tried a mix of foundations. Most are matt or a soft matte as I am not a big fan of shiny patches.
1) First up is the maybelline dream velvet 21 nude with a soft matte finish. This applies well with an applicator sponge but I have found it does oxidate over the day and turns a little orange. Good coverage though and not shiny so a plus. I think this was around £5.
2) The second one I tried was the naturally matt foundation from collection, again it applies easily with a sponge but you need to use a lot more for a good coverage. It lasts all day though and doesn’t turn orange. This is my favourite so far and costs around £5.
3) Next up is the coverage foundation by the ordinary. It’s high coverage and a little goes a long way. I found it was quite thick when applying and not as matte as I wanted so I put a translucent powder over the top which seemed to do the trick. I bought this online and was around £6.
4) Maybelline dream satin liquid, I’ve been eyeing this up for a while now and thought I would give it a go as it was on offer. I like that it has spf too and a hydrating serum. I applied this with a brush and it was really smooth to apply. I set it with a translucent powder though. It stayed all day and I was pretty impressed. This one is probably not the one I would use daily but would be great for wearing for a nice occasion.
5) The next one I tried was the cheapest one from Asdas own George collection. The packaging looked nice and for less than £5 I thought I would give it a go!
I was pretty amazed at the quality of it as I wasn’t expecting it to be as good. Easy to apply with a natural finish so no powder needed and it also has spf too. No caking or flakiness after wearing for a whole day either! Good as a daily foundation and a decent size to fit in your hand bag for touch ups if needed in the day.
Overall I think my favourite from these 5 actually asdas own! I am still on the hunt for the perfect one though so let me know if you have any suggestions…